The majority of us visit the dentist twice per year for cleanings and then to have a cavity or two filled from time to time. And occasionally your teeth might hurt and then go away like nothing ever happened. So, sometimes it’s hard to tell when you need to go to an emergency dentist in Boca Raton. Leaving a tooth that flares up now and then to take care of later can actually be worse than going to the dentist right away to see what the problem is. Nine times out of ten that tooth is going to get worse and cost you more money in the long run.
So, what constitutes a dental emergency?
- Severe toothache – If your toothache lingers and gets worth throughout the day, it can be a sign of a cracked or infected tooth. Likewise, if your tooth is sensitive to hot or cold liquids, it can be an indication that a root canal is necessary.
- Loose teeth – If you’ve had a recent sports injury that knocked your jaw out of alignment that could result in a loose tooth. Gum disease and tooth decay can also result in bone loss which leads to loss of teeth.
- Abnormal bleeding and painful gums – Some bleeding in your gums after you brush isn’t a cause for immediate alarm. As we grow older, our gums start to recede and we may lose some bone. Bleeding gums can also be a hereditary condition or an indication of a brewing infection. But if your gums hurt and are bleeding more than usual, it’s time to see an emergency dentist in Boca Raton.
- Cracked tooth – Certain hard foods like nuts and candy can take a toll on our teeth resulting in a cracked tooth if you not careful. If your tooth has cracked you might feel a dull ache that comes on subtlety or it could be full-blown pain. Whatever your dental scenario, if you have a cracked tooth, your pain will get progressively worse; it’s just a matter of time. It’s best to contact an emergency dentist in Boca Raton right away to see if the tooth can be saved or if an implant will be the best course of action.
- Abscessed tooth – Typically, an abscessed tooth indicates an infection and is usually caused by a cavity that has been left untreated for a long time. Worst case scenario, the infection can result in pain and fever, so the faster you get to the emergency dentist in Boca Raton the better your chances are in alleviating the pain and getting the tooth back to health.
Why not put your faith in the leading emergency dentist
At London Dental Group, we provide emergency dental care in Boca Raton when you need it most. Our medical team has years of experience, helping people in Boca Raton and beyond get back their bright smiles. Some of our other services include Invisalign®, teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, implants, and more. When you’re looking for the best dentist to assist with an emergency, look no further than London Dental Group. We are always dedicated to our patients, so rest assured that we will get to the root of the problem. We will utilize our emergency dentistry techniques to get you back home a.s.a.p. Contact us today for an appointment at (561) 852-7700.