Laser technology is used in the treatment of a number of dental issues. This minimally invasive treatment option helps medical professionals to perform these dental procedures in an effective and precise way.
The London Dental Group provides state of the art Boca Raton laser dentistry services that are ideal for a variety of issues.
Uses of Laser Technology in Dentistry
Dental issues that can be treated using laser technology include:
- Identification of Oral Cancers: With the help of laser technology, a biopsy is performed. This helps to identify oral cancers.
- Tooth Decay: Lasers removes decay from a tooth. Furthermore, it also prepares the enamel for filling purposes.
- Canker Sores: Lasers remove painful ulcers from the mouth; thus, it can provide relief from pain and discomfort caused by canker sores.
- Teeth Whitening: Another common use of laser technology in dentistry is that it speeds up teeth whitening processes and procedures.
- Root Canal Infections: Lasers can be used to treat root canal infections effectively.
- Gum Diseases: Laser dentistry is used to treat a number of gum diseases. For example, during a root canal procedure, it can help to remove bacteria from the gums along with reshaping it. It can also be used to remove gum inflammation.
Some other uses of this technology in dentistry include removing throat tissues, exposing wisdom teeth, and regenerating damaged nerves.
How Does Laser Technology Work in Dentistry?
Although laser technology primarily works by producing light energy, it is used in different ways in the treatment of varying issues. When it comes to teeth-whitening procedures, it helps to enhance the effect of bleaching agents used on teeth by acting as a source of heat. On the other hand, it also works by acting as a cutting instrument when it is used for surgical procedures in dentistry.
Laser Dentistry at London Dental Group
London Dental Group takes pride in using advanced technology when it comes to the treatment of different painful dental disorders. We have hired professionally trained dental experts who have years of experience in laser dentistry for the treatment of various dental disorders and issues.
The process of laser dentistry treatments is similar to other dental procedures. At first, the patient is given anesthesia in a rather small quantity and then the procedure is performed. During the whole procedure, the laser will not cause any discomfort or vibrations in the mouth.
With laser treatment at London Dental Group, you will have a smooth post-surgery experience. There will be no open wound leading to an excessive case of bleeding as may be the case with traditional dental surgery procedures.
It is to be noted that patients who have anxiety issues may be given a sedative prior to starting the treatment procedure.
Laser Dentistry Benefits
- Laser bacterial reduction during your routine cleanings: We can now virtually “obliterate” all the bacteria under your gum tissues painlessly during your next cleaning visit with the diode laser.
- De-sensitizing a sensitive tooth.
- Treating gum abscesses.
- Treating Herpes lesions around the lips and mouth to significantly reduce the pain and unsightly swelling that you have become accustomed to; and, lessen the duration of the lesion if treated early enough.
- Re-contouring gum tissue for esthetics.
- Removing the Frenum attachment when you are “tongue-tied” or have a very prominent one above the upper front teeth.
- Less bleeding and swelling.
- Minimum post-surgery pain, discomfort, and irritation.
Boca Raton Laser Dentistry
For more information on our Boca Raton laser dentistry services or for any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact us. We are more than happy to assist with any additional information you may require prior to making your appointment.