While most people have a routine dental visit once or twice a year, it is not uncommon for situations to arise where a dentist is needed immediately. Usually, a trip to the dentist consists of a regular consultation, some x-rays, a cleaning, and maybe the occasional filling of a cavity. Yet, there are a multitude of issues that can come up out of the blue that may require the help of an emergency dentist in Boca Raton. Leaving these issues unattended until your next routine dentist appointment can often result in long-term damages that could ultimately be avoided.
If any of the following situations come up in between your annual dental exam, visiting an emergency dentist is your best course of action. At London Dental Group, a wide variety of dental procedures are available and performed by qualified professionals to keep your teeth in the best possible shape. Keep reading to learn more about common dental emergencies that require immediate attention.
When is it Time to Visit an Emergency Dentist in Boca Raton?
- Cracked Tooth – While teeth are generally built to withstand tough foods, it’s not uncommon to crack a tooth on excessively hard foods like candy or nuts. Pain from a cracked tooth can range from a dull ache to intense pain, depending on the severity of the crack. People may also crack their teeth by falling or being a part of an accident.
- A Missing Tooth – A missing tooth typically happens from accidents like falling or sports-related injuries. If a tooth is knocked out, it is crucial to immediately seek help from an emergency dentist It is imperative not to leave the bone and nerves exposed. This could result in further injury.
- Infected/AbscessedTooth – Usually, an abscessed tooth is caused by a cavity left untreated. An abscess often indicates an infection. An infection that goes unchecked can easily result in severe pain or fever if left untreated. Infections left untreated can be potentially life-threatening and should not be left unattended.
- Excessive Bleeding – Although the occasional bleeding after brushing your teeth isn’t always a cause for immediate concern, excessive bleeding is an indication of a larger issue. This can be a sign of severe gum disease and is an indication that seeing an emergency dentist is necessary.
- Loose Crown or Filling – If you feel a temporary crown coming loose, or one has fallen off completely, you should immediately seek emergency dentistry. A tooth left exposed from a missing crown could be exposed to damage or infection.
If you’re currently experiencing any of the above dental emergencies, it’s crucial that you don’t wait to seek help. In any of these situations, putting it off or waiting until your next dental exam could ultimately lead to more permanent issues down the line, as well as expensive treatments that likely could have been avoided. While some of these issues may be taken lightly, some could be life-threatening if left untreated. Seeking emergency dental care quickly could potentially save your life.
At London Dental Group, help is available when you need it most. With a medical team of experienced professionals, finding an emergency dentist in Boca Raton couldn’t be simpler. By taking the time to solve a dental issue now instead of waiting or putting it off, you can save yourself a lot of time, money, and pain in the future. With no shortage of procedures and services offered, London Dental Group has a solution for any dental emergency that may arise. Our state-of-the-art facilities and highest quality dental care will have you smiling your happiest smile in no time! Contact our team of dental experts today at 561-852-7700 if you are experiencing a dental emergency. We look forward to being your go-to emergency dentist!